Friday, October 15, 2010

Using your 5 year old?

Can I just say that the person about whom I wrote yesterday actually told her 5 year old that I did not like her any more and that was naturally repeated to my 5 year old at school today. We have now stooped below high school antics to elementary school? WOW! All I can say is that I NEVER said I did not like this person AND I sure as shit never told my 5 year old something  that would cause a problem between the children at school! Not liking someone and un-friending someone on FB because they no longer behave in a way that suggests they are still a true friend are two different things. I like her just fine as a person I happen to know. Beyond that there is nothing right  now and I do not foresee any change in the past behavior thus I do not foresee any change in the "friendship" status. She has the ball in her court and in using her 5 year old to make commentary to mine is low, she has shown what things mean to her, which I read as nothing.

I told my 5 year old that I never said that I did not like her friend's mom and do not know why he would say such a thing to her. Further I told her that if he says more things like that to her, maybe she should tell him it is mean to say things like that. After all she told me she thought he was just being mean after she told me what was said to her.

UGH... Does juvenile behavior really only end when you die????

6 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, unfriending someone on Facebook is the equivalent of saying that you dislike someone so much that you don't want to be friends with them in the real world either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone has the right to unfriend whoever they see fit. Besides, most FB "friends" are really just acquaintances or colleagues. But to embroil a 5 year old in adult gossip - that's childish (no pun intended. I would unfriend her also if I could :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am smart enough to know this Amanda... I mean after all your buddy JZ did that to me and in truth he deserved to have it done to him, NOT the reverse... ya know?

    Thank you Joe! That was the point truly... Using the kid was just lower than low in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Children, in my opinion, already know WAY too much about the adult world. She's horrible for doing this to your child and her own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. T, I only said that because you said "Not liking someone and un-friending someone on FB [...] are two different things." I just wanted to make sure you understood that, because of what unfriending signifies, some people may take that as a sign that you don't want any further contact with them and not bother to try to make amends, figuring it's a moot point. Also, you should know better than to put me in the middle of whatever's going on between you and J. I love you both and I try very hard not to take sides. Beside, you were going to unfriend him anyway, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to hold it against him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At no time have I put you in the middle of me and J. I do not hold it against him for doing it, but I surely do resent the reasons behind it, given that he has serious issues with respect where I am concerned. Those shoes are mine to walk in and I have not asked you to take sides. Although things have been said that make it appear that has already occurred... in his favor, which is really fine and not altogether unexpected.

    I happen to believe that the differences between not liking someone and un-friending someone on FB is evident purely based upon the relationship between the parties involved.

    ReplyDelete