Monday, August 16, 2010

Eat Pray Love... the movie

I have not set foot in a movie theater since Shrek 2 was in theaters, so that was when we still lived back home. I had not seen a single trailer that made me really want to go to the movies, so I don't think I missed much. If I wanted to see it, there will always be the DVD, right?

Since I rather enjoyed the book, I decided I wanted to go see Eat Pray Love in the theater with my man. Hubster was home today and with the college bound kid spending QT with the younger of the crew before she leaves Saturday, I decided today was the day to go. We hopped on the motorcycle since the weather was BEAUTIFUL and off we went.

Lucky for him, Hubster was not the only guy in the theater, though the other 2 were definitely members of the senior citizen age group. Weekdays the tickets are $5 and we shared a small soda that cost a whopping $4.25! WOW... something seems wrong with that!

ANYWAAAAY!! I liked the movie. I knew from the trailers that they had left out HUGE chunks and had altered a few things to fit it all in. Still, I was mostly ok with that. Julia Roberts was not who I saw in my mind when I was reading the book, so my initial reaction to hearing that she was going to play Liz Gilbert was NO WAY!!! I was more in the mind frame of Gwyneth Paltrow, but that was more due to how she looks than her acting ability. However, I think she pulled it off, largely because of her expressive facial and body language.

So, go and enjoy the movie, take your tissues and if you've read the book, pretend you haven't so that the missing/altered parts don't glare at you too much! I will definitely be adding the DVD to the collection, right alongside my copy of Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment